Dual Credit students take courses on one of the RVC campuses and earn both high school and college credit for these courses. Dual enrollment students complete courses at Rock Valley College for college credit only. Courses taken for credit are part of the student’s permanent/official college transcript. Courses are taught by RVC faculty members.
How to Get Started
- Meet with your high school counselor to discuss classes you should take for dual credit.
- Apply to Rock Valley College
- Take the RVC ACCUPLACER Placement Test (photo ID required) OR submit ACT/ SAT scores (these scores may be accepted in place of the ACCUPLACER test).
- Contact the Early College office at (815) 921-4080 to schedule an appointment with an Early College Coordinator.
- Complete the Dual Credit Agreement Form and submit it to the Early College office.
- Pay tuition and fees, and purchase books and supplies.
- Early College
- (815) 921-4080
- (815) 921-4089
- RVC Main Campus
CLII, Room 153
- Monday-Friday: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Note: Each high school has their own policies surrounding dual credit courses at RVC, so it’s important to reach out to your high school to learn about dual credit opportunities available to you.