RVC Inducts 21 Athletes Into Honor Society
Rock Valley College has 21 Golden Eagles from 8 different sports into the National College Athlete Honor Society. Rock Valley College is the IL Alpha Chapter of Theta Chi Alpha, which recognizes student-athletes from two-year institutions who excel in both the classroom and competition.
The National College Athlete Honor Society, a registered 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, was founded in 1996 by then DePauw University head football coach Nick Mourouzis. His goal was to provide outstanding student-athletes with an opportunity to become connected within a fraternal association that aligns their educational and athletic successes for a lifetime.
In order to be inducted into Theta Chi Alpha, a student-athlete must attend a two-year college that is a member of the NJCAA, CCCAA, FCSAA or, NWAC. The honoree also must complete at least three full-time semesters and must have achieved a minimum cumulative grade-point average of 3.4 (on a 4.0 scale), while also participating in their varsity sport.
Kevan Watkins, Rock Valley College Sports Coordinator and Women’s Soccer Coach, will serve as an advisor for RVC’s chapter of Theta Chi Alpha. Samantha Ingram was the inaugural chapter president.
The following students are the first class of inductees into RVC’s chapter of Theta Chi Alpha:
- James Akers, Baseball (Machesney Park, IL / Harlem High School)
- Joana Araojo, Women’s Bowling (Belvidere, IL / Harlem High School)
- Sebastian Centeno, Men’s Soccer (Rockford, IL / Jefferson High School)
- Kayla Freiberg, Softball (Kenosha, WI / Kenosha Tremper High School)
- Reese Gaber, Baseball (Stevens Point, WI / Stevens Point Area High School)
- David Galassi, Baseball (Machesney Park, IL / Harlem High School)
- Izandra Graf, Volleyball (Loves Park, IL / Harlem High School)
- Seth Greve, Baseball (Ossian, IA / South Winneshiek High School)
- Makayla Haight, Women’s Soccer (Freeport, IL / Freeport High School)
- Hannah Hockerman, Softball (Westfield, WI / Westfield High School)
- Samantha Ingram, Volleyball (Kempner, TX / Copperas Cove High School)
- Scout Kram, Softball (Grayslake, IL / Grayslake North High School)
- Tegan Peterson, Women’s Bowling (Rockford, IL / Rockford East High School)
- Evy Polsfuss, Softball (Eastview, MN / Eastview High School)
- Kelli Riordan, Softball (Lockport, IL / Lockport High School)
- Rachel Rittmeyer, Women’s Soccer / Women’s Basketball (Winnebago, IL / HS)
- Holland Smits, Volleyball (Monroe Center, IL / Stillman Valley High School)
- Alexis Trank, Women’s Soccer (Byron IL, Byron High School)
- Nate Tepp, Men’s Bowling (Belvidere, IL / Rockford Christian HS)
- Reese Weber, Volleyball (Minonk, IL / Fieldcrest High School)
- Kaycia Zimmerman, Women’s Basketball (Winnebago, IL / Winnebago High School)
Visit ThetaChiAlpha.org to learn more information or to start a chapter.