RVC competes in NJCAA Division III in men's and women's basketball, women's volleyball, golf, baseball, softball, men's and women's tennis, and men's and women's soccer. Not to brag, but we're pretty good at it. Our teams have won 13 national championships and we have had more than 140 All-Americans.
Whether your plan is to take classes and transfer to a four-year university or enter one of our career programs designed to get you into the workforce right away, Rock Valley College has what you are looking for. Select from one of our more than 60 transfer areas or more than 30 career programs.
Whether you are new to the college or know your way around, we have a variety of services designed to help you succeed. We're here for you every step of the way.
At Rock Valley College, you're not just a number. Our highly respected faculty have master's degrees, doctorates and real-world experience. You won't be competing for attention in a huge lecture hall. Our average class size is 21, so you'll get a chance to interact, challenge and be challenged by your instructors.
The Estelle M. Black Library at Rock Valley College features over 91,000 book volumes and more than 650 periodicals, and access to the interlibrary loan system. It also features spaces for individual and group study, and if you get thirsty, there's a coffee shop in the lobby!
Have fun. Try stuff. RVC gives you opportunities to get involved. There are lots of student activities to choose from. We offer more than 20 clubs and organizations. Try your hands at student government. Join the staff of our campus newspaper. What's it going to be?
|Fall 2015||Spring 2016
|Financial Aid Priority Deadline - May 1
||Financial Aid Priority Deadline - Oct 15
|Payment Arrangement Deadline - July 15
||Payment Arrangement Deadline - Dec 11
|Final Payment Arrangement Deadline - Aug 20
||Final Payment Arrangement Deadline - Jan 8
|SAP Appeal Deadline - Aug 20
||SAP Appeal Deadline - Jan 8
|PSAP Appeal Deadline - Aug 20
||PSAP Appeal Deadline - Jan 8
Please click on the link below to complete our survey, so we may improve our services to our students and the community.
NOTE: The majority of correspondence between the Financial Aid office and the Student will be made through RVC student email. You can click the link below to access your RVC email.
The RVC Financial Aid office is hearing of some people being contacted by phone regarding grant opportunities and individuals are being asked for financial and personal information. These groups are SCAMS and they are not obtaining information for legitimate purposes.
· NEVER pay for "free" money!
· The U.S. Government does not telephone people to offer grants
· Grants are never "guaranteed"
· Real grants require applications and documentation
· Never give out a social security number or bank information over the phone
· If you get such a call, try to get as much information from the caller as you can without giving out your own information, then contact the Better Business Bureau to file a complaint
The RVC Financial Aid Office can provide students with information regarding legitimate forms of grants, loans, and scholarships
1. Go to www.pin.ed.gov to apply for a personal identification number (PIN), so you can electronically sign your online FAFSA application.
2. Submit the FAFSA application (www.fafsa.ed.gov), listing RVC (and any other institutions) as an intended recipient of your information.
Note: The RVC school code is: 001747
3. You may estimate your income based on your last paycheck or W2's if you have not yet completed your taxes.
Note: It is best to estimate your income and complete the FAFSA as soon as possible, some additional grants have deadlines and are disbursed on a first come first serve basis.
4. File your 2014 taxes as soon as possible. Once filed, you will need to go back to your FAFSA application and update your tax information.
Financial Aid contact information:
Phone: 815-921-4150 Fax: 815-921-4169 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Image courtesy of Hywards at FreeDigitalPhotos.net