Have fun. Try stuff. RVC gives you opportunities to get involved. There are lots of student activities to choose from. We offer more than 20 clubs and organizations. Try your hands at student government. Join the staff of our campus newspaper. What's it going to be?
Whether your plan is to take classes and transfer to a four-year university or enter one of our career programs designed to get you into the workforce right away, Rock Valley College has what you are looking for. Select from one of our more than 60 transfer areas or more than 30 career programs.
Whether you are new to the college or know your way around, we have a variety of services designed to help you succeed. We're here for you every step of the way.
At Rock Valley College, you're not just a number. Our highly respected faculty have master's degrees, doctorates and real-world experience. You won't be competing for attention in a huge lecture hall. Our average class size is 21, so you'll get a chance to interact, challenge and be challenged by your instructors.
RVC competes in NJCAA Division III in men's and women's basketball, women's volleyball, golf, baseball, softball, men's and women's tennis, and men's and women's soccer. Not to brag, but we're pretty good at it. Our teams have won 13 national championships and we have had more than 140 All-Americans.
The Estelle M. Black Library at Rock Valley College features nearly 75,000 volumes and more than 650 periodicals, and access to the interlibrary loan system. It also features spaces for individual and group study, and if you get thirsty, there's a coffee shop in the lobby!
Important Things to Know:
1. MTH 086, 088, 089, 091, 092, 093, and 094 are 8-week, 2-credit-hour, modular courses that must be taken in order.
2. Every math module is offered every 8 weeks.
3. At the time you register for a module for the first 8 weeks of the semester, it is recommended that you also register for the subsequent module for the second 8 weeks of that semester. Pay close attention to the dates the classes meet!
4. Many sections are set up in a way that will allow you to sign up for two subsequent modules in the same semester that meet in the same room, at the same times, and have the same instructor.
When searching for Math classes via the RVC Online Schedule, you will see a link icon connecting the two courses together so you will know which courses are linked and that you will need to register for both sections (see screen shot below).
Note: Registration for classes meeting during the second 8 weeks is open throughout the first eight weeks of the semester.
1. You can register for ANY math module that has an opening. You can also change which section you're registered for during the 2nd 8 weeks.2. Check Online Services for classes with available seats--pay attention to the dates the class meets. More seats may become available so check Online Services regularly.
3. You can register online or in person at the Records office (2nd floor of the Student Center).
What module should you register for in the second 8 weeks?
1. Repeat the module you're in now if the class is the right difficulty but you just need to work harder.
2. If the current module is too hard, take a lower module to get the skills you're missing.